Welcome to Hikeit New Zealand
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Hikeit NZ Website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Hikeit NZ website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “nz ”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of New Zealand. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Hikeit NZ and/or it’s license own the intellectual property rights for all material on Hikeit NZ. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://www.hikeit.co.nz for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://www.hikeit.co.nz
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.hikeit.co.nz
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.hikeit.co.nz
Redistribute content from Hikeit NZ (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Hikeit NZ does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Hikeit NZ, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Hikeit NZ shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Hikeit NZ reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Hikeit NZ a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Hikeit NZ Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- System-wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of ; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of NZ Controllers logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Hikeit NZ Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Hikeit NZ Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on www.hikeit.co.nz or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you. Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on www.hikeit.co.nz You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon www.hikeit.co.nz No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
$15 CASH BACK VIDEO SUBMISSION.
All Youtube video submissions must meet the following criteria
- Must have a active Youtube channel with at least 10,000 Subscribers.
- Must provide original purchase order number.
- Video must contain Unboxing, Install and test drive reaction with your overall opinion.
- Must state the vehicle being used for installation.
- Portrayal of harmful or dangerous activities.
- Video must not contain and profanity or nudity.
- Videos with Copyrighted music or imagery will not be accepted.
- Submission should be provided to Hikeit NZ via the Videos page at www.hikeit.co.nz
For all videos that are approved, Hikeit NZ will contact the person(s) whom submitted the video via email to send a cash back claim form to redeem the $15 cash back. This payment will be paid directly to NZ Residence bank account or to the customers Paypal account if you are an international customer.
$30 E-GIFT CARD PROMO.
Promotion Period: 01-02-23 to 31-3-23
E-Gift cards can not be redeemed for cash.
Limit of one (1) $30 E-Gift Car from Giftpay Per order
Hikeit NZ and Gift Pay are unable to re-issue E-Gift Cards. Treat the E-Gift Card as cash as if email containing the
E-Gift Card and its details are Deleted, Lost of stolen, we will be unable to recover or re-issue.
Provided E-Gifts via email can only be redeemed at https://giftpay.co.nz up to the value of $30NZD
Issue of the E-Gift Card is 2-5 Working Days from the date purchase order from Hikeit NZ and via its promotion page: https://hikeit.co.nz/free-gift-card
Expiry dates on the issue of E-Gift Cards will be 3 Years from the date the E-Gift Card is issued.
GiftPay eGifts have an expiry date. If the recipient of an eGift has not redeemed their eGift before the expiry date, the value of that eGift is forfeited to Unified Incentives Pty Ltd. Each GiftPay eGift will allow the recipient to redeem their eGift value for merchant-issued electronic gift cards, selecting from the available range. Each of the gift cards available is issued by the relevant merchant, and is subject to that merchant’s terms, conditions of redemption and expiry dates. If the recipient has not redeemed their merchant-issued gift card before the expiry date, the value of that gift card is forfeited to the merchant.
E-Gift Cards are issues automatically via email to the email address provided by the consumer at the time of purchase.
Hikeit NZ take no responsibility for incorrectly provided emails which will cause failure of delivering the E-Gift Card.
Hikeit Order Refund Under the 30 Money Back:
If in the event of a Hikeit order refund or request for a refund under the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, If the issued E-Gift Card has been activated by the receiver, the amount of the E-Gift Card $30NZD will be deducted from the refundable amount from the original purchase amount of the order transaction.
If in the event the receiver of the gift card has not activated the gift card, Hikeit NZ will attempt to cancel the E-Gift Card with https://giftpay.co.nz before it authorised a complete full refund of the purchase.
Redirecting E-Gift Cards:
You can resend (redirect) an eGift to a different email address at no additional cost, but only if the original eGift has not yet been clicked or accessed. If the original eGift email has been delivered successfully, you can only redirect within 30 days of issuance. If the original eGift email has not been delivered successfully (bounced), you can redirect at any time. When you redirect an eGift the original eGift will be cancelled and a new eGift will be issued. You are not able to redirect an eGift Card to yourself or a different person in order to claim back or recoup the value of an eGift because the original recipient has not yet opened or redeemed their gift. eGifts are valid for up to 3 years and in many jurisdictions the rightful recipient’s entitlement to the eGift for the full validity period is protected by law.
Honouring Your Privacy
Authorised GiftPay staff have access to the email addresses of recipients and the details of eGifts and eGift deliveries, but only for the purposes of administering the GiftPay service and providing support to recipients.
We will never sell or and never share the details of your details with any third party. However In this instance we do have to provide Giftpay with information containing a “Name” and an “Email Address” for the sole purpose of the delivery of the E-Gift Card.
We will process and store the details and email addresses of your eGift recipients in accordance with all relevant NZ legislation, including privacy and spam laws.
If a recipient requests support from GiftPay, we may email the recipient in response to their support enquiry. There may also be very rare circumstances where we need to email a recipient with critical information about an issue with their eGift.
By Agreeing to the Terms and Conditions prior to successful purchase on https://hikeit.co.nz/free-gift-card and at Hikeit NZ, the purchaser is provided with a link to the Term and Conditions page at on the checkout page and if select that the purchaser agrees, and the purchaser is subject to the term specified.
FREE SHIPPING THROUGHOUT NEW ZEALAND*
When orders are dispatched, tracking numbers will be emailed out to the emails address used at the time of purchase. Hikeit NZ accepts no responsibility of undelivered emails to incorrect emails being entered by consumers at the time of purchase or registration.
When orders are dispatched, a text message notification will be sent to the consumers mobile phone if they have used one at the time of purchase/registration for the sole purpose of updates of the delivery. Any and all replies from consumers to the text messages will not be answered.
While Hikeit NZ supports consumers in the delivery of their order(s), we do require that the consumer contacts the appointed freight courier companies for any delays or parcel enquires regarding the delivery status.
If in the event the appointed freight company can not deliver the consumer order due to having misplaced, lost or damaged the delivery of the order, the consumer must contact Hikeit NZ to commence the process of an investigation with the appointed freight company and Hikeit NZ must receive a claim form from the appointed freight company before a replacement order is dispatched.
All orders made via the website should be delivered the following day excluding RURAL delivery address, This can take 3-5 business days. South Island delivery approx 2-3 days, All International orders sent to any address outside New Zealand will take 10-15 days but can be subject to change due to international frieght delays
RETURNS, & REPLACEMENTS
30 DAY RETURNS POLICY
We accept returns within 30 days after the dispatch date, and can exchange with another product. Cash refunds are not issued in this instance. Excludes drop shipped, clearance or sale items, or products built to order. The product must be in original condition and with original packaging like it was purchased.
30-DAY Money Back Guarantee and Lifetime Replacement Warranty
HIKE IT products are designed to maximise a vehicle’s reliability, responsiveness and performance. To ensure your satisfaction, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee and a Unlimited Kilometer Lifetime Replacement product warranty.
WHAT can be returned?
All products sold by Hikeit NZ are covered by a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. What this means is that while you have the product, if the display or vehicle specific cable become faulty simply return for a replacement.
WHEN do items need to be returned by?
If returning due to a change of mind the item needs to be returned within 30 days of from the date the original order was dispatched.
WHERE do items need to be returned to?
Please contact us with details of the issue/return request and we will send you a return form that must be included and posted to the address on the form.
HOW do customers return items?
Hikeit NZ must first be contacted with details of the problem. If we cannot resolve with the product in your possession, we will send you a return form and return number to get the goods back to us.
Please return items in their original packaging and safe from transit damage.
What is the returns process period?
Once we receive goods back, they are externally and internally examined to match serial numbers with what was sent to you and check if the issue is manufacturer fault, customer fault or no fault at all. The return process normally takes 1-2 weeks.
Our Warranty Policy
HIKE IT products are covered by a lifetime warranty.
Our Returns Policy
If you are not completely happy with your purchase you can return it to us, provided the following conditions are met:
- You must return your order within 30 days of the dispatch date.
- All accessories must be returned.
- If the item/s have been damaged a refund will not be granted
- Internal/external damage has not been caused due to improper installation, misuse or incorrect service.
Making a Return
To return merchandise to our online store simply complete the Return Authorization Form available by first emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed explanation of the problem and photos/videos if you think this will speed up our understanding of the problem. The completed form will need to be enclosed with your order, securely packed and posted back to the address on the Return Form provided by Hikeit NZ Please ensure adequate postage is affixed, as Cash on Delivery returns will not be accepted. We also recommend you send your return back via a trackable method of postage, as HIKE IT will not be responsible for lost or missing parcels, and all goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse. IMPORTANT. Returns without a Return Authorization form included will be returned to at the customer’s expense.
All costs to return goods back to Hikeit in any any circumstance are borne to the customer and Hikeit does not reimbuirse any costs associated with returning goods.
We will credit your original method of payment, excluding postage charges unless otherwise agreed to. The refund will be processed once your goods are received into our warehouse and checked. Goods must be 100% complete and in the same condition you received them in. Please note that it may take up to 5 working days for the refunds to show in your account.
Hikeit NZ does its best to ensure that all customers receive top quality and faultless products. In the situation where you believe that a product is faulty, or different from the description provided on the website, please contact HIKE IT Support Centre, and we will resolve the issue as quickly as possible. If you feel that your return falls outside of our policy, then please contact the Customer Support Centre.
If you feel that photos or videos of the problem will help Hikeit NZ in the first instance please ensure these are included in your first communication through the Customer Support Centre.
GIFT CARDS & VOUCHERS
Redeemable at www.hikeit.co.nz for goods Specified & up to the amount of credit balance on the card. Treat this Digital Gift Card as cash; if it is lost, it will not be replaced. Valid for one (1) year from the date of issue. For gift card balance, terms and expiration date, present Digital Gift Card code www.hikeit.co.nz during checkout. This card is the property of the issuer.
Your use of this gift card constitutes acceptance of these terms:
This gift card may be applied toward the intended product at www.hikeit.co.nz.
30-day money-back guarantee, Refunds & product returns from Hikeit NZ Terms and conditions do not apply to purchases made with Gift Cards.
Products will still carry the warranty stipulated on the product at the time the Gift Card is exercised.
While we can’t provide legal advice, we are very familiar with gift card guidelines such as expiration dates, unused gift card funds, certain state regulations, and where to find details about these rules. Here is information from the New Zealand Consumers Commission
Order your gift cards today!
Email email@example.com for refund or return information.
Email Mailing Subscriptions
By agreeing to the terms and conditions upon successfully purchasing product(s) on http://hikeit.co.nz, you are agreeing to automaticly opt-in to Hikeit New Zealand email newsletter subscription. This does bare no cost and you can opt out by unsubscribing at any time within the email by clicking and confirming via the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email newsletter.
Any issue or fault with a product must be brought to our attention immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org before any action is taken.
We will then consider the best course of action, which may include you returning the product for inspection.
Once the item is received we will assess the fault. All faulty products will be inspected/tested by either the original manufacturer or a professional. This process time frame varies depending on the product. If the product is deemed a manufacture fault a full credit or replacement can be offered.